Welcome, come on in!
We are harmati, a modern furniture brand with a mission to simplify and improve our customers’ daily lives at home through thoughtful design. We believe good design should be accessible to everyone. Designed for smaller spaces, our Modern Warm furniture is intended to work together in different layouts and to make enclosed spaces cozy rather than cluttered.
And because you can never have too many simple (but useful!) life hacks in your back pocket, we bring you Home Hacks. Here you will find a collection of “how tos”, style tips and inspiration to improve your life and help you save time, money, and stress. Whether you are looking to get your house spotless in a hurry or just want to add some extra aesthetic appeal to your space, there is an easy way to tackle all those tasks while saving yourself time along the way.
To start off, we are sharing 10 design skills every young adult should learn. We can't promise we've outlined every needed skill. But if you have mastered these, you are probably off to a good start.
1. Follow the cantaloupe rule: decorative accents smaller than a cantaloupe crowd a room.
2. Move furniture away from the wall to create the illusion of spaciousness. Contrary to popular belief, pushing furniture up against the wall does not make your space appear larger.
3. Prioritize function over form. But what if you could have both? Our Marina Lift Top Coffee Table and our Monty Storage Bench are perfect examples that show how multifunctional furniture can also be stylish.
4. Put a color scheme together easily with the timeless 60 30 10 rule. 60% of the room should be a dominant color, 30% should be the secondary color or texture and the last 10% should be an accent.
5. Size does matter (at least when choosing furniture). Especially when decorating smaller spaces, choose statement pieces that fill the room instead of multiple small pieces.
7. Removable wallpaper for the win. No permission to paint your rental apartment? No problem! Peel and stick wallpaper adds personality to your space while coming down easily when it’s time to move.
8. Invest in cabinet knobs and drawer pulls. This simple switch is easier (and more affordable!) than getting custom cabinets. Replacing old ones with new ones can transform old-fashioned and boring into modern and stylish.
9. Hang shelves near the ceiling to draw the eye upward and make the room look bigger. Overhead shelves can work in the bedroom, the living room, pantry, kitchen, and any other room that could use extra storage space.
10. Start your day off right by making your bed. It might be a small accomplishment, but making the bed sets the tone for the entire day and encourages you to keep the rest of your room tidy.